Saturday, August 31, 2013

Random photos of wonderful plants of late summer

I got some groceries today, and this handsome oak tree got my attention. I wonder why it's suckering at the bottom.
Not a great picture, but this white snakeroot is just beautiful right now. It's very toxic to livestock and humans both. But darned pretty. It was growing at the edge of a small woodlot at the edge of town.
I apologize for the poor quality of this photo, but I really liked this dense clump of sunflowers amongst all the corn.
This is the very cute flower of prickly lettuce. I like it, but it's VERY small and the prickly lettuce has a huge ugly factor at this time of year and most times of year.

The only things I admire about it, is that in the drought years it grew just fine, juuuust fine. I have to admire that. And like I said, the flowers are cute.

No comments: