Friday, April 20, 2018

Anxiously awaiting

About 10 days ago, I burned the yarrow.

It was a nice day, no wind, and my yarrow is in two small areas in my front yard, about 1x2 ft and a 1x3 ft. ... It burned gooooood, and the little swirls and whirlwinds of fire and air and smoke, traveling upwind to where the fuel was, is fascinating to watch. The flames probably got 15 inches tall.
Yarrow is a native plant and impervious to a bittie surface fire like that. Gotta love native plants!

Since then I have been waiting for it to re-sprout, but these plants are smarter than I am, and they knew it was going to snow TWO MORE TIMES. *eyeroll* In the meantime, I look at them often. Waiting. Waiting.

I have a much larger patch to burn soon, but for that, I need my garden hose.

UPDATE: April 22nd the yarrow is sprouting!

No comments: