Friday, April 13, 2018

Change of plans

I had plans for the weekend. It's April, so I had anticipated a warm weekend, in which I'd do a little garage saling, a little visiting, and tidy up at the cemetery. I had my things ready. That was a week ago, when I still had hope. *dramatic sigh*

About six days ago, I looked at the weather forecast, and had myself a minor snit, as snow was forecast, even that early, for this coming weekend. As the week went on, the forecast amount of snow decreased and increased, and then increased again from the original amount. The latest weatherliar estimate is 5-8 inches of snow. I do remember shoveling snow in April, in the 80s, but it's always been a couple inches. They are pretty sure we'll exceed that.

So I got groceries last night, and I'm getting the last of my treats tonight on the way home, and I'm staying in. For how long I stay in is somewhat up to the weather gods. 

So the bright spot:

Earlier this afternoon, I was looking out the side door, right by my boss's office, at the lawn-like area nearby. The wind was gusting up a fit, and last year's cottonwood leaves were fluttering all around. They are all putty brown, like the upper corner of this leaf (photo from the internet), crispy and still a little shiny in the light. They were swirling and tumbling and rolling. -- They looked right nice. 

No comments: