Sunday, April 7, 2013

In which I really have not visited my garden but I was looking around

I went to visit friends who are 2 1/2 hours from me, and en route I got to see rain on my windshield on and off for about 30 minutes, and indeed, there was none at home. Heavy sigh. But it was nice and smelled good and I'm happy for that state ... sigh.

On the way back, I got to see a big blob of a Really Wide rainbow, but only a short segment was showing and it lasted for a longggggg time, about a half-hour. Remarkable! A column of smoke, tinged with green and brown was visible off to the west, and I knew it was a grass fire. I don't know if the droplets that occasionally fall at home are enough to reduce the fire hazard we face, but I don't think so.

They are saying to expect rain, then snow in three days, when the temps vary between 41 and 27 F. Hai Chihuahua! Crazy spring weather!

It's time to move heavy things around the yard, so I really should charge the battery on the lawn tractor, and get off the computer.


No comments: