Sunday, July 15, 2012

Monarda-infused raw honey

Yesterday at a friend's herb fest, I acquired some raw local honey. Even though her place is 45 minutes west of mine, it's as local as I can currently get. The honey IS from HER local area; I assume you want honey that's actually made by bees a lot closer than that. I'll find someone closer, probably, but for now, at least I know it's raw, organic honey.

So you squish your fresh or dried herb into a jar, and pour honey over it. Squish out the air bubbles (if you can see them, I imagine. I can't see through the herb OR the honey), and then add more honey periodically. They say you should top it up? But I say, if the herb is floating in the honey like it is in my jar, you'll never top it up successfully. However, it has only been in there for 30 minutes or so.

We'll see. And the honey DOES taste really good compared to supermarket honey. Mmm!

P.S. I am not leaving it in the sun, I just did that so you could see through the jar.

1 comment:

Lori "The Soil Whisperer" Guenter said...

So is this just a tasty treat or is it meant to serve some unknown medicinal or evil genious purpose?